EDITOR : Laura F Windom

I was not compensated in anyway for this review.

          Recently, I had my book LOVING ANNA edited. Before I settled on an editor, it had to be someone who was comfortable working with LGBT fiction and I would be willing to use for future projects. Another important aspect was that they fit my budget and showed an understanding of grammar and the english language. That was the extent of my requirements.

          Laura F. Windom, the editor I eventually settled on, met all of these requirements with ease! I was highly impressed by her professionalism. She was polite, communicative, prompt and easily accessible through e-mail.
         We did not speak on the phone, but it is not my preferred method of communication. Her website list a number where she is available for communication. You can also contact her through Facebook, which I did originally. 

         Laura has a B.S in English Language Arts and spent four years teaching Language Arts in the public sector. Her grasp of the english language far exceeded mine, as evident by the sample she edited. The sample I received was a major deciding factor. It was clear I needed her just by the five pages she examined before I'd decided to hire her. She found a number of mistakes I  had over looked during my proofreading.
        The work she did was superb. The price, for me, was excellent. Her website list a charge of $4 - $6 american dollars for every 1000 words. That lines up with the price I was quoted. Prices are subject to discussion due to individual needs. My needs were simple but Laura was willing to work with my budget and outlined a basic payment plan when I asked.
         Personally, I paid the editing fee up front on January 28, 2015 in order to receive two rounds of edits. February 8, 2015 Laura finished her first round of edits, making well over three thousand corrections on my document. I received my fully edited manuscript back February 16, 2015. Originally, I believed I would get it back around February 21, 2015.
       I will be using her for my next project GRIM LIFE if she is available. I already recommended my good friend and fellow author A. Muse to use her for a comprehensive edit of his manuscript L.I.E.S. My close friend and another fellow author Beth Hale author of Magnolia Secrets recommended her after receiving the same wonderful service.
       Her prompt turnaround, willingness to keep me updated, as well as more then fair price, make her a phenomenal editor. I highly recommend her to anyone working on a budget that requires swift turnaround, pleasant service and open communication.

Contact Laura F. Windom
       

Autumn Breeze

❝ Autumn Breeze is a bestselling LGBT+ author and current Radish Content Provider. She is also the winner of a 2015 Watty Award, a former Wattpad Star, with more than 70K followers on her combined Wattpad accounts @Autumn_Breeze and @HonestDying. She was featured in Cosmo in 2017 “My Lessons with the Sexy Dance Instructor," and she worked as a Freelance Writer for 20th Century Fox on, “A Cure for Wellness: Seeking A Cure.” ❞

No comments:

Post a Comment